[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jul 5 14:35:13 CEST 2010

Le 04/07/2010 12:29, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) a écrit :
> 2) Option-3 should read :
>
> install-tl-advanced  -location=<location> ! for advanced/expert GUI installation

Actually, the preferred name for this option is -repository. I just added it.

> 3) The text "In the case of the installer package" conveys nothing.

It does. It is opposed to the case of mirroring the full tlpretest repo. I tried
to make it more explicit.

> 4) The text "The exact http://somehost/some/path urls to use are link targets on the texlive-pretest mirmon page"
>
> is far too opaque : "are link targets" is only too easily missed, and as the
> real "targets" appear nowhere in plain text on the referenced page (why not ?),
> it takes some time to realise one has to dereference a link to find a real
> value for "-location".

I agree that the behaviour is not very intuitive (someone should probably ask
mirmon authors about it). I'm not sure how to explain it better. Do you want to
propose a better wording?

Manuel.