[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Jul 5 11:27:32 CEST 2010

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

 > this is all very well and amusing, but one should recall that (a) tex
 > live advertises that it's available for widnoze, and (b) phil was
 > explicitly asked to investigate the latest version on a widnoze box.
 >
 > i'm not keen on tex on windows, myself (i only ever use it when i've got
 > an issue for the faq), but it would be extremely unfortunate, imo, to
 > give the impression that tex _doesn't_ live well with windows *for those
 > that want/need it*.

Thank you, Robin.  And, to be fair, my criticisms are meant
to be /constructive/ criticisms : I do not criticise for the sake
of it, but because I genuinely want Windows users to be
able to use TeX Live with the same ease as Eunuchs/Lunix/
<whatever> users.

** Phil.