[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jul 4 18:06:47 CEST 2010

Just in case I become sufficiently put off by the reactions to
my first feedback on the TL 2010 pretest procedure/documentation
to abort pre-testing before I've really started, I will post the following :

Additional whinge(s) :

5) It is extremely annoying that the installer insists on
re-writing backslashes as forward slashes.  Backslashes
are the norm in Windows, and if one wants to copy
and paste a proposed location, this simply will not work
once the slashes have been reversed.  Why can they not
be left in the default orientation for the platform, and/or
as typed/inserted by the user ?

** Phil.