[tex-live] [XeTeX] minor bug within XeLaTeX

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Jan 23 10:18:16 CET 2010

[TeX-Live added : my question is addressed primarily
  to the members thereof]

Akira Kakuto wrote:

>> >  I think a fix in XeTeX is more appropriate...

> XeTeX writes dvi (xdv) comment by the same way
> as the original TeX. XeTeX is not wrong in the issue.
> In the case of tex --->  dvi --->  xdvipdfmx --->  pdf you will find
> /Creator( TeX output 2010.01.22:2353)
>
> Best,
> Akira

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this, and wanted
to look in TeX.web to see how DEK had implemented DVI commenting
in TeX, but was very surprised to find no instance of TeX.web
in my TeX Live (2009) distribution; is this an accidental
(albeit very regrettable) oversight, or an intentional omission ?

Philip Taylor