[tex-live] texlive portable

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Jan 20 15:34:54 CET 2010

Bonjour Germain,

Germain BOYER a écrit :
> what's the difference between the line :
> start "" "%~dp0TeXworks\TeXworks.exe"
> and the line
> start %~dp0TeXworks\TeXworks.exe ?
>
> what's better : the first line or the second line ?

The first. The second line won't work if there are spaces in the path to
texworks. That's why you need the second pair of quotes. Now, the syntax of
'start' is quite strange: if the first argument is double-quoted, then it is
interpreted as the title of the new window. To avoid this, we need to provide a
dummy title (here empty), hence the first pair of quotes.

Welcome to the weird world of windows scripting :-)

Manuel.