[tex-live] Epspdf and Ruby 1.9

Ruben Stein me at gnub.eu
Sat Jan 16 13:14:16 CET 2010

Hi,

I updated today and experienced an ruby error using epspdf instead of
eps2pdf, which was incorporated in my Makefile so far.

> 19]/usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/epspdf/epspdf.rb:67:in `require': /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/epspdf/epspdfrc.rb:91: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting keyword_then or ',' or ';' or '\n' (SyntaxError)
>       when 0: "Out of memory or resources"
>              ^
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/epspdf/epspdfrc.rb:94: syntax error, unexpected keyword_when, expecting keyword_end
>       when 2: "File not found"

the list continues for every "when <value>:" line. I found out, that
ruby 1.9 does not accept a double colon at this point, but rather
expects "then" as keyword.

Find attached a patch, which solves the issue.

Regards, Ruben