[tex-live] Decompressing and Installing Problem

Cornelis Olsthoorn cornelis at olsthoorn.ch
Fri Jan 15 13:23:29 CET 2010

Hi to all

I am starting my roots with texlive, and downloaded the iso.xz source.
Unfortunately, I was not able to decompress it with my winRar or 7-zip
on windows.

So I tried on my Debian server where the decompression didn't work. The
proposed xz-utils cannot be installed, as they are missing on the
repository. A try with the original release didn't work either.

After this disappointing result, I tried the network install on windows.
That seemed to work properly, but after installing probably most of the
data, the installation stopped with following error:
untarring D:\texlive\2009\temp\xetex.win32.tar failed

I have repeated the installation several times, but the result remains
the same on my XP prof. SP3 system (remaining 3GB FAT32 disk space).

What can I do (exept giving up)?

Regards
co
--