[tex-live] oolatex

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Fri Jan 15 04:59:28 CET 2010

On Thu Jan 14 at 17:25:23 CET 2010, Manuel
Pégourié-Gonnard
<mailto:tex-live%40tug.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Btex-live%5D%20oolatex&In-Reply-To=%3C4B4F4573.7040909%40elzevir.fr%3E>mpg
at elzevir.fr
wrote:

>Norbert Preining a écrit :
> > Ahhhh, ok, that is something different then. I thought that is some
> > funny program that converts ooo documents to latex or so.
> >
>Apparently, it outputs ooo format from latex
>(which may be interesting, I'm glad
>I read this question).
>
> > Well, then I also understand the comment from Akira.
> >
>And I didn't see it before I answered: that's
>certainly the reason why we didn't
>put a 'oolatex(.exe)' file in bin. Thanks for the info, Akira.

This refers to Akira's statement:

>Many scripts in tex4ht except for a few typical
>ones are omitted in TL09, since they may be possible
>by a generic script mk4ht:
>mk4ht oolatex ... ...

If they are going to be omitted, then that fact _must_ be
better documented. Running "texdoc tex4ht" produces a page
that explicitely states to run "oolatex filename".

You have to click on "calling commands" search down some
ways to find the command mk4ht, which seems to be presented as
an optional interface (rather than a requirement).
The requirement to run mk4ht should be on page 1.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
1 University of Arkansas