[tex-live] [pdftex] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Jan 13 14:49:34 CET 2010

2010/1/13 Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:

> You raise interesting points here. It would be good to check if most PDF
> readers (as opposed to viewers) can handle compressed PDF 1.5 since a
> reasonable amount of time (say, a few years).

I tested some, 90% of them don't read PDF, 1 of them (text2speech, a
really bad one) doesn't read compressed pdf and TextAloud (which seems
a bit better according to what I saw) can handle compressed pdf...
Does someone know anything in this area?

Even though is reminds me of my youth, going on ugly sites where you
can get outdated trial versions of 30$ crappy windows softwares is
quite annoying...

Thank you!
--
Elie