[tex-live] Luatex formats and hyphenation patterns

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Feb 23 11:35:50 CET 2010

2010/2/23 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:

> Aside from anything else, it's certainly inadvisable to duplicate the
> entire file.  Instead, a conditional should be used that we can
> set/unset in the different formats.  I realize you were just doing the
> expedient thing for an experiment, but if we want to ship a change like
> this, it should be done in a clean way.
>
> Indeed.  If you, or someone, can do that, we can consider adopting the
> change for plain luatex.

Hello,

thank you Khaled for talking care of this issue! Here is a new
attempt, taking into account Karl's remarks... the changes are now
integrated into etex.src, the patterns are loaded only once, I added a
log message and I also changed \fmtversion not to have the languages
in it (in order for it to be coherent during all the compilation)...
but I'm not 100% sure it's a good idea, especially since I'm not
familiar with Plain logs. Wdyt?

Thank you,
--
Elie