[tex-live] personal input file

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Feb 17 16:20:14 CET 2010

On 17 February 2010 T T wrote:

 > On 16 February 2010 05:47, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:
 > >
 > >> After a couple of days of struggling (with a lot of help from
 > >> experts in this site), I was finally succeeded in downloading
 > >> TexLive2008, but pdf file showed smaller size output. I used
 > >> (still using Latex-->dvips-->pstopdf.

 > > You should give TL2009 a try. It could be installed in parallel
 > > with TL2007 (only executables should preceed TL2007 ones in PATH)
 >
 > If my memory serves me well, TL'07 still sets TEXMFCNF environment
 > variable that will mess things up for TL'09. So I don't think you can
 > easily install them in parallel without being somewhat knowledgeable
 > about the system.

It should be possible though.  There are two files "texmf.cnf" in
TL2007: one for Unix and one for Windows.  TEXMFCNF points to the
Windows version.

  1. Determine where texmf.cnf for Windows resides
     (kpsewhich --var-value=TEXMFCNF).

  2. Move this file to texlive/2007/bin/win32.  kpathsea looks there
     first and variables will not be overwritten by other texmf.cnf
     files found later.

  3. Remove TEXMFCNF from the environment.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25