[tex-live] beamer error (or supp-pdf.mkii error) ?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 16 12:09:44 CET 2010

Am Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:42:24 +0000 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:

>> It's unlikely that this is a TL problem. There's a posting on ctt that
>> reports the same error. Message-ID: <7tuc3aF4hpU1 at mid.individual.net>.
>> The latest release of geometry seems to break beamer. You may want to
>> contact the author of the geometry package about this.
>
> does tl have the new geometry package (5.1) released last night?  (it
> doesn't look so from my mirror, but i updated the catalogue at 2316 gmt,
> after the new version had been installed on ctan.)
>
> i had assumed that the new version was in response to the c.t.t error
> report.

No, 5.1. gives the same error. beamerbasecompatibility.sty contains
the code

\ifx\ifGm at compatii\@undefined%
\def\Gm at lmargin{\Geom at lmargin}\def\Gm at rmargin{\Geom at rmargin}
\else
\geometry{includeheadfoot}
\fi

but geometry no longer defines the switch \ifGm at compatii.

I would say beamer should change its code. It doesn't sound senseful
to maintain compabilitity to geometry 2.0.

--
Ulrike Fischer