[tex-live] biblatex 0.9

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Mon Feb 15 14:37:57 CET 2010

On 14/02/2010 20:49, Philipp Stephani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> biblatex 0.9 has finally been released. 0.8x contained this statement in the manual:
> "Please be advised that this package is in beta stage and released for testing. The version number will be stepped up to 1.0 as soon as it is considered suitable for general distribution. \tex distributors are advised to wait for version 1.0."
> This sentence has been removed in the 0.9 manual. Now I wonder whether TeX Live will include 0.9, or wait for 1.0.

The RELEASE notes are very clear:

"I have received many inquiries about why biblatex is not yet
included in TeX Live and MikTeX and why I was maintaining that nasty
do-not-distribute clause. There seems to be some confusion about
what the term 'stable' means. The point typically brought up was
that biblatex runs well and is thus 'stable'. Well, in that sense,
biblatex has been pretty stable since version 0.1. However, it has
not been stable in the sense of maintaining backwards compatibility
since version 0.1. *This release, however, is finally considered
suitable for wider distribution.*"

The question whether or when biblatex will be included in TeX Live is of
course entirely the responsability of the TL maintainers, though I
personally have no doubts that it sooner or later will.

FC