[tex-live] Non-PDF documentation

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Feb 12 21:20:34 CET 2010

On 12 February 2010 Philipp Stephani wrote:

 > > Concerning CTAN upload, I think uploading just the generated pdfs
 > > to one node's incoming directory, and asking one of the CTAN
 > > admins (or perhaps the collective ctan@ address is preferred) to
 > > add it it the appropriate package is the best.
 >
 > I'm sorry that I haven't done anything yet, but I still have to
 > find out what the incoming directory is ;-) Maybe

 > ftp://ftp.tug.ctan.org//incoming/ ? But that is completely empty?!

I always thought that ftp incoming directories are usually write-only
but now I found this:

   ftp://ftp.dante.de/incoming/README.uploads

To upload material to CTAN you should use a web form.  Visit one
of these pages
  http://dante.ctan.org/upload   (in Germany)
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/upload    (in the UK)
  http://tug.ctan.org/upload     (in the US)
Instructions for preparation of your materials are included there.

If for some reason the form is awkward then you can write to the
administrators at the mailing list ctan (at) dante.de to make
other arrangements.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25