[tex-live] memoir

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 11 20:55:54 CET 2010

Nidhi <nidhi.iitr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using memoir class to prepare my document. In my document, I want the
> sections to be in small caps shape+bold, subsections in small
> capsshape+italics..and so on. I have set the font using

and you're using a font family that supplies bold and italic small caps?

> \setsecheadstyle{\Large\scshape\raggedright}
> \setsubsecheadstyle{\large\scshape\raggedright}
> \setsubsubsecheadstyle{\scshape\raggedright}
>
> but as soon as i try to make the font bold, the font style \scshape gets
> overwritten by the default font in italics or bold ....

the .fd files you're using are specifying that substitution for the
combination you're asking for, since they "believe" there's no font in
the family that satisfies your request.

if your fonts do have the appropriate shapes, then you need to complain
to the supplier of your .fd files.

> any option for getting sections in bold and with font "\scshape"

find (and possibly then buy) a font family that offers it.  i don't
believe there are any free ones meeting this requirement, but that could
just be memory fade on my part.

and before asking your next question, consider

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=gethelp

for advice on an appropriate mailing list to ask these sorts of
question.

robin