[tex-live] Bug: possibly with import package, LaTeX can't find font files that are first used in a file included using the \import* command.

Robert King Robert.King at newcastle.edu.au
Thu Feb 4 03:30:36 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm sending this to texlive, but I'm not sure which package is to blame, or
whether it is an integration issue. Apologies if it should be going elsewhere

LaTeX can't find font files that are first used in a file included using the
\import* command.

Two files make up the minimal example, as you need to be including to get the
error, which is

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/msa/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `U/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 1.

LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for U+msb on input line 1.
LaTeX Font Info:    No file Umsb.fd. on input line 1.

The warning can be avoided by doing any one of the following list:

Not using the amssymb package
Including the file using \input \include or \import instead of \import*
Using a different sized font (via \LaTeX, \footnote or \url) in the
main document before import

First file - problem-example.tex:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{import}
\usepackage[colorlinks, linkcolor=blue, pdfencoding=unicode]{hyperref}

\begin{document}

There is some problem in locating font files if it happens first in a file
that has been included using the function \verb+\import*+.

%But I can make it go away\footnote{I don't know why}.

If there is a footnote here before a footnote in the included file.

It also goes away if I use the \verb+\LaTeX+ before the importfile.

Or if I use \verb+\url+ before the importfile

\import*{./}{problem-include.tex}

It also goes away if I don't use the amssymb package

\end{document}

Second file - problem-include.tex:

Here is the problem footnote\footnote{See this interesing URL
\url{http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/ProductsbyTopic/63AF63FDCC1078F4CA2571E1001F0FF6}.}

--
Robert King, Statistics, School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences,
University of Newcastle, Australia (CRICOS Provider Number: 00109J)

 "It might be in the basement,
 I'll go upstairs and check .." Escher