[tex-live] Geometry package v5.0 (preliminary source)

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Feb 2 18:00:24 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 07:34:43AM +0900, Hideo Umeki wrote:

> I've been working on the fixed and new version of geometry package lately.
> The source is done, but the doc and packaging are not yet.
> While doing them, I'd appreciate it if anybody could check whether the attached
> geometry.sty (v5.0 pre) works well in XeTeX and any other systems.
> If there're any problems and suggestions, I'll try to reflect to the
> CTAN release of v5.0
> I'm going to make it soon, anyway.
>
> New features in v5.0 are outlined below:
>
> * fixed driver auto-detection.
>    - add `xetex' driver option
>    - ignore \pdf{h,v}origin if undefined.

At least I have perfomed a quick test with the old example
that uses option `mag=1500' as option for geometry.
Two remarks:

* TL's geometry.cfg should be removed, if the new geometry
  version hits TL, because the current geometry.cfg forces
  driver `pdftex' for geometry if XeTeX is used. A user might
  think, there is something wrong.

* Because XeTeX supports many specials of dvipdfm, there might
  be a global option `dvipdfm'. Then \GM at checkdrivers does not
  check, whether XeTeX is running and uses option `dvipdfm'
  with a wrong result.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>