[tex-live] Non-PDF documentation

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Feb 1 10:22:58 CET 2010

Am Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:45:57 +0100 schrieb Philipp Stephani:

>> If you want to track packages with only dvi/ps, your help will be very welcome.
>> Please upload your PDFs to CTAN and we'll import them in TL.

> Anyway, I've written a tiny program that looks for
> non-existing and non-PDF docs. I've attached the program and the
> lists that are created on my system (excluding the ucs and german
> packages). To date, it lists 1213 packages without any
> documentation (that's around 42% of all packages),

E.g.

beamerbaseauxtemplates
beamerbaseboxes
beamerbasecolor
beamerbasecompatibility
chessboard-keys-main
chessboard-keys-pgf
chessboard-pgf

These e.g. are internal files loaded by chessboard and beamer not
stand-alone packages.

> and 316
> packages without PDF manual (11% of all packages).

E.g.

chessboard
chessfss
xskak

For all three packages pdf-documentation is on CTAN. TeXLive doesn't
include the files as the sources are not on CTAN.

--
Ulrike Fischer