[tex-live] TeXLive package deletions

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sat Dec 25 23:32:55 CET 2010

Hi, I just noticed that tlmgr has marked the package tree-dvips for
deletion.  The package is still maintained as far as I know, and I'm
sure there are many linguists who still use it.  Is there some way to
find out the reason for the deletion?

Also, when tlmgr reports an updated collection, does that simply mean
that some subpart of the collection has been added or removed?  (So
the collection-humanities shows that it will be updated; is that
because (among other things) tree-dvips is being deleted?

Thanks

Alan

--
Alan Munn