[tex-live] Status 2 at TLUtils.pm line 473

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 20 17:33:22 CET 2010

On So, 19 Dez 2010, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> when running tlmgr update -self -all I got the error message shown in
> the subject. There were a few problems, error 500 from the server and

The error message comes from execuing tar or xzdec, one of the two.
Probably xzdec returning 2 when there is no space left.

> no space left in my /usr/local partition. Some packages were not
> installed. If I make some space in /usr/local and run tlmgr update
> -all, will the packages be installed or should I look what packages
> failed and install them manually?

Good question. I guess just simply calling
	tlmgr update -all
should do the trick. The update procedure updates the tlpdb only at the
end, so in the worst case packages are installed once again.

If you want to be sure call
	tlmgr check all
and look out for strange things, asking here if there have been problems.

Best wishes

Norbert