[tex-live] tikz in zenwalk

Santo D'Agostino sdagostino at brocku.ca
Sat Dec 18 22:40:04 CET 2010

Hello,

I am trying to get my latex up and running in a newly installed
zenwalk linux box. However, apparently tikz cannot be installed
automatically by the zenwalk package manager (netpkg), and so I have
to do it by hand. However, I am relatively new to linux, and am having
difficulty doing this.

I am running tetex on zenwalk. Should I persevere, or should I switch
to texlive, or should I just ditch the whole operating system and
start again with something like ubuntu, which I hear is a little
easier to use for linux newbies?

Thanks,
Santo

Santo D'Agostino