[tex-live] texdoc suggestion for the cool package

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Dec 9 01:16:32 CET 2010

On 8 December 2010 Robin Fairbairns wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
 >
 > > Robin, something related: entries/v/vntex.xml doesn't contain an entry
 > > for vntex.pdf yet.  Could you add the following, please?
 > >
 > >  <documentation details='Package manual' language='en'
 > >        href='ctan:/language/vietnamese/vntex/doc/generic/vntex/vntex.pdf'/>
 >
 > just failed to notice that.  it is at the bottom of a huge tree (why
 > can't you provide a .tds.zip instead, and have a flatter, browsable,
 > tree on the main archive?)

I already upload .tds.zip files since you are maintaining them.  This
is also the least error-prone way to create a CTAN package which can
be used by TeX Live and MikTeX because the stuff in the vntex svn
repository is TDS compliant already.

A flatter tree might be more convenient for browsing, but I don't
see much benefit.  If I upload a tree for browsing and a .tds.zip
file, which one would you check for changes?

 > i've added your vntex.pdf to the catalogue entry.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25