[tex-live] Fwd: files generated by fmtutil/updmap -- platform independent?

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 22 14:44:27 CEST 2010

On 22 August 2010 12:12, Marc Espie <espie at nerim.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 06:19:04PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> The slight problem is the "just merge" you mentioned ...

Not to mention the corresponding "just remove" on package uninstall ...

> How hard can it be ? are the formats *that* complicated ? in most cases,
> it's just a question of parsing a few lines of text and merging them.
> ~20 lines of perl or so.

Right. Let's come back to this after we see some code, shall we?

> I can put it on my list of things to do.

If you can come up with a good and clean solution, I'm all for it.
But if you're just going to bolt some more complexity on top of the
existing code, then thanks very much.  We have already enough to do
without adding more ways for things to go wrong.

Cheers,

Tomek