[tex-live] Bug report on fncychap.sty jul 2007

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Aug 1 01:12:56 CEST 2010

On 30 July 2010 Marco Aurelio P. Cabral wrote:

 > I have updated my Ubuntu system.
 >
 > On the texlive-latex-extra 2009-7ubunutu 3 package there is the
 >
 > fncychap.sty  which is attached.
 >
 > It does not work with the rest of the latex system.
 >
 > So I search over the net and installed this fncychapleo.sty
 > which is also attached and make it work again.
 >
 > I look throgh know bugs and did not find it.

Hi Marco,
first of all, if you ask on this mailing list, there is no need to
attach files to your mails which are already in TeX Live.  And
regarding fncychapleo.sty, a link to the web site would be sufficient
and more useful.

This list isn't the correct place to ask such questions.  Please note
that TeX Live can only provide what's on CTAN.  And packages on CTAN
can only fixed by their authors.

The best thing you can do is to provide a tiny LaTeX file which
demonstrates the problem and ask on the *texhax mailing list* again.
Your statement "It does not work with the rest of the latex system"
is too vague.  Does it clash with LaTeX itself or with a particular
macro package?  And with which package?  More information is needeed.

As far as I understand fncychapleo.sty is an extension of an older
version of fncychap.sty.  If there is an error in fncychap.sty the
author has to fix it.  And if you want to have fncychapleo.sty in TeX
Live, ask the author to put it on CTAN.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25