[tex-live] Fwd: TeXLive collection for Korean User

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 04:00:25 CEST 2010

2010/4/22 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
> On 21 April 2010 Sajang Yang wrote:
>
>  > Dear Sir/Ma'am,
>  >
>  > Recently I realized that Korean language collection for TeXLive was
>  > missing in Fedora.  collection-kotex (
>  > <http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/KTUG/texlive/2009>
>  > http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/KTUG/texlive/2009 ) Therefore, I asked
>  > Fedora, and the below is the reply from him.
>  >
>  > The reason that Fedora could not package collection-kotex is that
>  > collection-kotex was not included in the upstream metadata (
>  > ftp://ftp.ctex.org/mirrors/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb )
>  >
>  > It would be really helpful Korean Fedora/TeXLive user if the
>  > collection could be included in Fedora.  Would you consider
>  > including collection-kotex into the upstream metadata?
>  >
>  > The collection-kotex can be easily installed through tlmgr, I don't
>  > think there will be any problem.  But, iff you need any help to
>  > include collection-kotex into the metadata, then please let me
>  > know.  I'll try to resolve any kind of issue as much as I can with
>  > KTUG staff.
>
> Hi,
> the best thing you can do is to ask the authors to put the collection
> on CTAN.
>
> One of the authors is obviously Dohyun Kim <nomosnomos at gmail.com>.
>
> I don't understand Korean but they obviously discussed it last year:
>
>  http://project.ktug.or.kr/pipermail/dev-kotex/2009-June/000024.html
>
> There might be a problem regarding the kotex-utils.  It would be
> easier if the two little C files were written in Perl.

As one of the authors of kotex related packages,
I also eagerly want to upload kotex to CTAN.
There are, however, several issues blocking the upload,
one of which is that some macro files definitely rely on derivatives
of proprietary fonts.

Anyway, I will disscuss with other authors and push forward with
uploading kotex, or probably some part of kotex, to CTAN in due course.

Sincerely,
--
Dohyun Kim