[tex-live] biber in TeX Live

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Apr 21 23:03:30 CEST 2010

Alex Hamann a écrit :
> Right but please have a look at the thread I pointed to in my previous post.
> The maintainers have made it quite clear that they are aware of all these
> arguments but will not include biber due to the dependencies.

Really? Quoting Norbert from the thread you mentioned:

	"Well ... biber is not in by now, and I am not sure it will be"

That doesn't mean we will never ever include biber. Please let us time to:

1. Prepare the release of TL 2010 quietly.
2. Look for solutions regarding biber afterwards.

As François mentioned, compilation of biber and its dependencies is getting
smoother on major platforms and will probably continue to do so. It means
there's hope for the future.

So, please don't misinterpret what we say: "not now" and "we're not sure"
doesn't mean "we don't want to" or "will never happen".

Manuel.

PS: I agree with Robin and François that it makes a lot of sense for Linux
distributions to build packages for biber without waiting for it to be included
in TL.