[tex-live] Ignoring portion of LaTeX code; the \par problem.

Michaël Cadilhac michael at cadilhac.name
Mon Apr 5 18:25:15 CEST 2010

Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 12:04:23PM -0400, Michaël Cadilhac wrote:
>> Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:

>> > why bother?  lots of people (who apparently understand tex better than
>> > you) have done this in various different ways -- see:
>> > http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=multidoc
>>
>> You seem to have failed to read my preceding email.  Maybe you should
>> consider working on understanding basics of good communication -- see:
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855  (Netiquette)
>
> You seem to have failed to read the subject of this list, see --
> http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tex-live, which says " This list is
> devoted to the discussion of the development issues of the TeX Live
> CD-ROM." Could you kindly, please, point to the "development issues of
> the TeX Live CD-ROM" in your original message?

As previously demonstrated, I am no expert in the politics of TeX.  I
would have assumed that people maintaining the distribution were those
who maintain the source codes shipped with it as well.  If its not the
case, I may go see somewhere else without further due; but I would have
liked to see the problem I pointed discussed, so that I would know where
to go.

Free software is a common effort, and it doesn't help anyone when some
bearded guru answers by the aggressive when someone reports a bug.  (A
bug, not a query.)

Have a nice day.

--
Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac (LITQ, U. de Montréal) -- http://michael.cadilhac.name