[tex-live] Ignoring portion of LaTeX code; the \par problem.

Michaël Cadilhac michael at cadilhac.name
Mon Apr 5 18:04:23 CEST 2010

Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Michaël Cadilhac <michael at cadilhac.name> wrote:
>
>>   My goal today is to write a command that would include another TeX
>> file, but not its document environment.  For instance, I would want to
>> use it like:
>
> why bother?  lots of people (who apparently understand tex better than
> you) have done this in various different ways -- see:
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=multidoc

You seem to have failed to read my preceding email.  Maybe you should
consider working on understanding basics of good communication -- see:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855  (Netiquette)

> (and in general, take a look at such on-line resources before even
> thinking of looking for an appropriate forum to ask -- hint: a forum for
> discussing the mechanics of a distribution isn't such a thing.)

Better hint, Robin, my post wasn't any try to get help on such matter,
but to report an apparent bug.  Also, you may have had a look at the
"Subject" field of my message, which usually relates pretty good with
its contents: it mentions a problem with `\par', which you may have
addressed if you had tried to answer my email instead of trying to get
some potential newbie out.  Also, you may have found that my main point
was that the *parsing* (as in "mechanics") of the TeX file failed me.

You'd be kind enough not to answer again without having a look at my
first message.

--
Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac (LITQ, U. de Montréal) -- http://michael.cadilhac.name