[tex-live] Missing shortdesc (was Re: Catalogue sources)

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Sun Sep 27 20:13:49 CEST 2009

Hi Karl!
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:25:56 -0500, karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     element 'name' which is not very formal and sometimes is buggy. The
>     attribute 'id' of the element 'entry' seems more relevant. Patch:
>
> Makes sense.  But does it help to check name in addition to id?

Not much, it gives 3 more matches:

  12many        (one2many.xml)
  r_und_s       (r-und-s.xml)
  syntax        (syntax-mdw.xml or syntax2.xml)

IMHO it's better to add 'catalogue' lines in their tlpsrc.

>     force package names to lowercase. Patch:
>
> Also makes sense, but if we force one name to lowercase, we should force
> the other, too.  Or is that already happening?

I was sure that ids are all lowercase but after actually checking it I
found two entries with an uppercase letter:

  fancyhdrBoxed
  pointRuler

We could lowercase them when reading the catalogue into the memory, we
could special-case them or maybe it's just an irregularity in the
catalogue.

> (Unfortunately there are
> a few packages in TL with uppercase letters in the names.)

> Can you revise the patch?

Sure, just tell me what is your preferred way.

Alexander Cherepanov