[tex-live] TeX install CD vs. DVD

Klaus Hoeppner klaus at dante.de
Fri Sep 18 10:10:26 CEST 2009

> A single-layer ISO image, right? Is that something similar to
> the disk images that I often see on the Macintosh?
> It sounds like the perfect solution. I'll just have to extend
> my own savvyness to that one.

The iso image doesn't know about layers, it just consists of the file
system suitable for cd/dvd. I don't know what disk images on Mac are,
but any burning program like Nero should offer the option the burn an
image on disk (since when copying another disk or some parts of the
hard disk it doesn't do anything else than grabbing/compiling and
burning a temporary image).

Klaus