[tex-live] Installation of TL09 on Debian 5.0.3 failed to begin today

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Wed Sep 16 05:23:23 CEST 2009

Today, I tried to install TL09 on my Debian machine (v5.03 i386) and the
TeXlive installer failed to begin the installation because it could not
recognise the operating system, but TL08 could do it. Anyway, this is what I
have got

./tlpkg/installer/config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2009-08-19, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD
and

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD

If the version you run (./tlpkg/installer/config.guess) is already up to
date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <config-patches at gnu.org> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2009-08-19

uname -m = i686
uname -r = 2.6.26-2-686
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 SMP Wed Aug 19 06:06:52 UTC 2009

/usr/bin/uname -p =
/bin/uname -X     =

hostinfo               =
/bin/universe          =
/usr/bin/arch -k       =
/bin/arch              =
/usr/bin/oslevel       =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_MACHINE = i686
UNAME_RELEASE = 2.6.26-2-686
UNAME_SYSTEM  = Linux
UNAME_VERSION = #1 SMP Wed Aug 19 06:06:52 UTC 2009
install-tl: could not run ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess, cannot proceed,
sorry at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 208.

--
Vafa