[tex-live] epstopdf does not propagate exit code

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Sep 14 17:55:06 CEST 2009

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
>  > And ghostscript could be aborted by a signal (the lower 8 bits),
>  > example, see pdfcrop.
>
> I'm not sure if signal handlers always work reliably on Windows.  And
> they probably behave differently on MSYS.

I agree with Heiko: maybe signals weren't handled properly, but trying doesn't
hurt. Anyway, perldoc -f system recommends

                   if ($? == -1) {
                       print "failed to execute: $!\n";
                   }
                   elsif ($? & 127) {
                       printf "child died with signal %d, %s coredump\n",
                           ($? & 127),  ($? & 128) ? 'with' : 'without';
                   }
                   else {
                       printf "child exited with value %d\n", $? >> 8;
                   }

and doesn't say that it's irrelevant on windows. Why not simply do as in the manual?

Manuel.