[tex-live] Copy TexLive to a new PC

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:15:18 CEST 2009

2009/9/10 Steve MC Han <hmc0907 at yahoo.com>:
> Thanks Tomek,
>
> My OS is both window vista. It seems like more complicated than I thought.
>
> Only reason why I want to do this is when I downloaded TexLive 2008 through
> internet, I've never been completely successful. My old PC with TexLive 2007
> has a perfect setting I need, so after some frustration, I thought copy
> TexLive 2007 from old PC might be a good idea.

Ah, my instructions were for TL'08, I think that there would be still
some differences to TL'07, e.g. TEXMFCNF variable should be set AFAIR.
I would advice to just reinstall TL on the new PC.

In the upcoming release we should (hopefully) have much better support
for Vista and Win7. Pretest version is available now if you want to
try it:

http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html

Cheers,

Tomek