[tex-live] New version of ifplatform

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:52:59 CEST 2009

On 9/9/2009 8:56 AM, Will Robertson wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Following bug reports from TeX Live 2009 on Windows and then MiKTeX 2.8
> for my package "ifplatform", many of you gave me good advice about
> improving its heuristics. I've now got a new version ready that I
> believe works but if it didn't then I wouldn't know:
>   <http://github.com/wspr/ifplatform/tree/master>
>
> Since I only have a Mac, it's kind of hard for me to test Linux and
> Windows support :)  (When I first wrote the package I had access to more
> machines.)
>
> Anyone willing to download the version linked above and try it out would
> earn my debt of gratitude. (Just compile the .dtx as usual to generate
> the .sty file.)

I tried it in cygwin-1.7 (under Windows XP):

$ uname -s
CYGWIN_NT-5.1

$ latex -shell-escape ifplatform.dtx
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)
  \write18 enabled.
[...]
! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                 $
<to be read again>
                    _
\unknownplatform ->CYGWIN_
                           NT-5.1
l.157 ...cumentation was compiled on \platformname
                                                   .
?

Let me know if you need further information in order to debug this.

Ken