[tex-live] Tex-live

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:04:24 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Robin Fairbairns <
Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> is there no "config/make"-type path for the lzma tools?

It used to be. Now however we have xz and if I remember correctly TL2009
 should come in this format. xz (http://tukaani.org/xz/) compiled on MacOSX
SL without any problems and right now lzma on my system(s) is no more than
symlink to xz

Victor

I experimented with lzma in 2008 and found that compression in the
distribution was not the tightest; decompressing and recompressing with -9
switch reduced the size - but huge files with -9 take eternity to
compress/decompress

Victor