[tex-live] Catalogue sources

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Tue Sep 8 08:54:55 CEST 2009

Hi Manuel!

[Sorry, previous mail didn't come through, resending.]

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 22:14:46 +0200, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:

>> Is it normal that there are no descriptions and catalogue-*
>> properties for some packages

> I think not. Probably some problem with our script that tries to
> associate a TL package name with the catalogue name (a task which
> is not always obvious).

Some are easy: different capitalization (SIunits vs. siunits),
grouping (abstyles vs. abstyles-babel & abstyles-orig). Some are
harder: algorithm2e and texmate have the same names in texlive.tlpdb
and in tex catalogue.

>> (SIunits, Tabbing, Type1fonts,
>> algorithm2e etc.)?

> I have noted those and will check later. If you notice more of them, please
> share your list.

Sure, here are 306 names in texlive.tlpdb without shortdesc:

  Asana-Math
  ESIEEcv
  HA-prosper
  MemoirChapStyles
  SIunits
  Tabbing
  Type1fonts
  abstyles
  afm2pl
  albertus
  algorithm2e
  amsldoc-it
  amsldoc-vn
  amsmath-it
  amsthdoc-it
  antiqua
  armenian
  asciichart
  atqolive
  autoarea
  avantgar
  barr
  bayer
  beamer-FUBerlin
  beamer-contrib
  beebe
  bengali
  bibtex8
  bookman
  c90
  carlisle
  carolmin-ps
  cbfonts
  cclicenses
  cd-cover
  cdpbundl
  cjhebrew
  cjkutils
  clarendo
  cmcyralt
  cmextra
  cns
  components-of-TeX
  comprehensive
  context-games
  context-gnuplot
  coronet
  courier
  courier-scaled
  cs
  ctib
  ctie
  curve
  cwpuzzle
  cyrplain
  dcpic
  devnag
  dnp
  dtxgallery
  dtxtut
  duerer-latex
  dviout.win32
  dvipdfmx-def
  dvipos
  eCards
  ebong
  ecv
  em
  enctex
  epigrafica
  epslatex-fr
  es-tex-faq
  etex
  euenc
  euxm
  examdesign
  exceltex
  extarrows
  fancyhdr-it
  figbib
  figsize
  finbib
  fink
  firststeps
  fixme
  fontware
  fouriernc
  garamond
  garuda-c90
  gastex
  genmisc
  gentle-gr
  getafm
  getnonfreefonts
  gfsartemisia
  gfsbaskerville
  gfsbodoni
  gfscomplutum
  gfsdidot
  gfsneohellenic
  gfsporson
  gfssolomos
  glyphlist
  groff
  grotesq
  guide-to-latex
  guitlogo
  gustprog
  hc
  helvetic
  hepparticles
  hepunits
  hyperref-docsrc
  hyphen-ancientgreek
  hyphen-arabic
  hyphen-base
  hyphen-basque
  hyphen-bulgarian
  hyphen-catalan
  hyphen-chinese
  hyphen-coptic
  hyphen-croatian
  hyphen-czech
  hyphen-danish
  hyphen-dutch
  hyphen-esperanto
  hyphen-estonian
  hyphen-farsi
  hyphen-finnish
  hyphen-french
  hyphen-galician
  hyphen-german
  hyphen-greek
  hyphen-hungarian
  hyphen-icelandic
  hyphen-indonesian
  hyphen-interlingua
  hyphen-irish
  hyphen-italian
  hyphen-kurmanji
  hyphen-latin
  hyphen-latvian
  hyphen-lithuanian
  hyphen-mongolian
  hyphen-norwegian
  hyphen-polish
  hyphen-portuguese
  hyphen-romanian
  hyphen-russian
  hyphen-sanskrit
  hyphen-serbian
  hyphen-slovak
  hyphen-slovenian
  hyphen-swedish
  hyphen-turkish
  hyphen-ukenglish
  hyphen-ukrainian
  hyphen-uppersorbian
  hyphen-welsh
  hyplain
  impatient-fr
  imtekda
  itrans
  jmn
  jsmisc
  kastrup
  keys3
  kixfont
  kluwer
  knuth
  knuthotherfonts
  kopka
  l2tabu-it
  lambda
  latex-graphics-companion
  latex-tds
  latex-tipps-und-tricks
  latex-veryshortguide
  latex-web-companion
  latexconfig
  latexmp
  lcdftypetools
  lettrgth
  levy
  lkproof
  lmextra
  lshort-chinese
  ltxindex
  lxfonts
  makecirc
  malayalam
  manuscript
  marigold
  math-into-latex
  mathmode
  metafont
  metafont-for-beginners
  metaplot
  metapost-examples
  metatex
  mft
  mftoeps
  miniplot
  misc
  misc209
  mkgrkindex
  mkind-english
  mkind-german
  mkpattern
  mp3d
  multi
  musixps
  nath
  ncclatex
  ncntrsbk
  norasi-c90
  ntheorem-vn
  oberdiek
  omega-devanagari
  omegaware
  optima
  otibet
  palatino
  patgen
  pdfwin
  pecha
  petri-nets
  pictex
  plain-doc
  plgraph
  polyglot
  powerdot-FUBerlin
  ps2pkm
  psafm
  psfrag-italian
  pst-ghsb
  pst-jtree
  pstools
  pstricks-tutorial
  qcm
  qpxqtx
  rjlparshap
  roex
  rtklage
  sciwordconv
  seetexk
  shadethm
  skaknew
  svninfo
  swimgraf
  symbol
  synctex
  tabto-ltx
  tamethebeast
  taupin
  tcdialog
  tcldoc
  tengwarscript
  tex
  tex-refs
  tex-virtual-academy-pl
  texbytopic
  texconfig
  texcount
  texilikecover
  texlive-common
  texlive-cz
  texlive-de
  texlive-en
  texlive-fr
  texlive-pl
  texlive-ru
  texlive-zh-cn
  texmate
  texworks
  thailatex
  timescyr
  timesht
  timesnew
  tlc2
  tlgs.win32
  tlperl.win32
  tlpsv.win32
  treetex
  ttfutils
  twoup
  ucs
  uml
  univers
  upmethodology
  utf8mex
  vancouver
  velthuis
  venturisadf
  visualfaq
  vlna
  voss-de
  vtex
  vxu
  wintools.win32
  xbmc
  xetex
  xetexconfig
  xetexref
  zapfchan
  zapfding

And here is a primitive perl script to generate the list:

  if (/^name (.*)/)
  {
    $name = $1;
  }