[tex-live] 'tlmgr generate fmtutil' gives 'fmtutil.cnf' with duplicated entries

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Sep 2 02:21:08 CEST 2009

    > fmtutil: /usr/local/opt/texlive/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdfxmltex.fmt
    > installed.
    > fmtutil: Infinite recursion detected, giving up!.
    [...]
    Didn't we solve that with including latex.ltx directly????

Yes.

    You remember the email exchange on that problem?

Yes.

I see nothing in the current fmtutil.cnf which uses the "&latex" to
build (pdf)xmltex, etc.

Vladimir, your fmtutil.cnf file appears to concatenate the one for 2009
with the one from 2008.  Why that happened, I cannot say.  The one from
2008 is the one with the problematic &'s.

karl