[tex-live] Report from Windows XP: Pretest TeX Live 2009

Pavel Striz striz at fame.utb.cz
Fri Oct 23 19:21:06 CEST 2009

> Hi Pavel,
>
> thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

Don't mention it.

> That are in fact a lot of questions at once:
> - tex/font/etc packages: we want to include all free one, if something
>  is missing and free (enough) please let us know
> - programs: that is the hard part, since integration needs a lot of work.
>  we do this for programs we consider important (or are easy to integrate)
>  and we are open to suggestions.

I thought that you were limited to the size of the CD/DVD and therefore
choosing only the important tools. How stupid of me.

I haven't noticed this so far, but it's true fact I didn't read TeX Live
manual this year. Oh yes, it's known,
http://tug.org/texlive/pkgcontrib.html. I'm sorry I always went to the
download section so fast.

I would need to think about this input but I always vote for
http://pp3.sourceforge.net/. :-) But I have no idea if the author would be
willing to copy it to the ctan.org server. I'll ask him; I contacted him
once in a different matter and he was terribly busy.

Generally speaking, it might be interesting to copy few tools from servers
like www.sf.net directly.

Thank you for your time!
再见了。再次谢谢你所做的一切。
さよなら!

PS

___ Information from ESET Mail Security, ver. 4537 (20091023) ___
The message was checked by ESET Mail Security. www.eset.com