[tex-live] Latvian support in TeXLive

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 16 10:32:46 CEST 2009

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>   We already added hyphenation patterns for Latvian just a year ago, submitted
> by a different person; I don't know if those are the same.

which raises the rather interesting questions : (a) on what
basis are putative patterns for a given language accepted as
being sufficiently authoritative to be integrated into the
suite, and (b) when two or more non-equivalent sets of
putative patterns are submitted, on what basis is a decision
made is to which (if either) to accept ?

Philip Taylor