[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Oct 15 04:02:23 CEST 2009

Norbert Preining a écrit :
> On Mi, 14 Okt 2009, C.M. Connelly wrote:
>> One of the cool features on Mac OS X is the way that you can
>> switch TeX systems via a preference pane, and a couple of symlinks
>> get redirected and everything works.
>
> I can do that similar. I have TL 2007, 2008, 2009 and can switch between
> them by adjusting the path. Ok, I could write (if I would have time)
> a perl/Tk GUI funny program that does that for me, but well, thats all.

I do it also, but another way, since I want to be able to switch
globally: I put in my path something like ~/tlsel/bin and make it point
the distro I want to use. This way, changing the symlink changes the TeX
distribution in use for all may opened shells (and gui programs) so that
I do not need to worry about shells with different path.

Of course I can also adjust the path locally if I want a different
distro for just one shell.

Manuel.