[tex-live] TL 2009 : No menu entry in Start/Programs

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Oct 12 12:30:07 CEST 2009

Further to my message of 09/10/2009 16:42 [1]
I find that I am seriously inconvenienced by
the lack of any entries in the Start menu,
so using the GUI I inverted the setting of
the option "Create menu in shortcuts and on desktop"
(intending to delete the menu entry from the desktop
but leave it in Start/Programs), but no menu
has appeared and I cannot find any option in TLMGR
to allow me to apply this new preference.

How do I apply this new preference, and may
I please repeat my request that the two conflated
questions "Add shortcuts to menu and desktop"
be unbundled, as almost all will want the former
and relatively few will want the latter ?

** Phil.
--------
[1] In the GUI, I am asked "Add shortcuts to menu
and desktop".  Of course I want to add shortcuts
to the Start menu, but I do not want to clutter
my desktop with them.  So could these two options
please be factored out ?