[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 9 22:47:46 CEST 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> I'm quite surprised: I seem to remember that Philip didn't use -a (nor -p) on
> the first place, only -r, and had problems even this way.

This is true : I used the exact incantation recommended
in the Pretest documentation : -r --delete --exclude ...

> Not if you're using a non-cygwin version of rsync such as the one from
> Synametrics, I assume?

I have a feeling that when Synametrics' Rsync reports an error,
it mentions Cygwin, so it is by no means impossible that it
is indeed a Cygwin version that somehow avoids the need to
install Cygwin per se.  In fact, in looking in the DeltaCopy
directory, I see seven (7) files whose names commence with
"cyg", including "cygwin1.dll".

Incidentally, after a repeat Rsync and CACLS, the Bayer problem
did not re-appear, but at the very end of an otherwise
apparently successful installation, the installer reports :

> Can't unlink file H:/TeX/Live/2009/temp/bayer.source.tar.xz: Permission denied a
> t H:/TeX/Live/2009/Mirror/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 765.
> Can't remove directory H:/TeX/Live/2009/temp: Directory not empty at H:/TeX/Live
> /2009/Mirror/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 745.
> Logfile: H:/TeX/Live/2009/install-tl.log
> Press any key to continue . . .

** Phil.