[tex-live] [XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:15:02 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 14:50:37 +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>>> Something messing your TL installation. Do you try to install over
>>> TL2008?
>>
>> My computer had ever installed a TL2008 windows version, but it has
>> already uninstalled by using the un-installer. I also removed the
>> whole TL2008 directory.  And, the TL2009 I installed is cygwin
>> version, it stays in cygwin directory tree.
>>
> I expected something like that.
>
> Try to install TL with native Windows binaries. Run install-advanced.bat
> and don't forget run as administrator.

God... I removed the TL2009 cygwin installation and opened a dos box
and run the install-tl.bat or install-tl-advanced.bat, this then
quickly resulted in an error:

PATH=D:\woody\my_documents\Downloads\texlive2009\mirrow\tlpkg\tlperl\bin;C:\WIND
OWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Windows Imagin
g\;C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Thunder Network
\KanKan\Codecs;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\bin;c:\cygwin\usr\local\bi
Access is denied.
Press any key to continue . . .

I know this is from the perl script intall-tl, but I don't know the
reason ... why there are so many paint to me :(

> ---
> WBW, Vladimir Lomov
>
> --
> I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know.
>                -- Mark Twain

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody at gmail.com)