[tex-live] Text too small in documentation

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:41:25 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> As I'm normally very sensitive to such issues, I took
> a look for myself, and I have to say that -- given
> the context -- I didn't find the text too small.
> However, on looking at the source, I was intrigued
> to find the following :
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="texlive-en.css">
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="texlive-en.css" />
>
> 1) Why the two near-duplicate lines ?
> 2) Why the XHTML syntax (at the second) in something
>   that claims to be [1] HTML 4.01 Transitional ?

Actually playing with validator one can see that the best fit is html5
rather than html4 (in all flavors) or xhtml and the only error is
missing / before closing >

Basically Mac Users should not complain about small fonts as Safari 4
(and Firefox 3.5) scales not only fonts under command+ but also
graphics but I find it a bit difficult for this particular page
because it long and contains a lot of different font sizes

Victor