[tex-live] More shortdescs for texlive.tlpdb

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Thu Oct 8 20:32:54 CEST 2009

Hi Norbert!
On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:09:40 +0900, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

>> 2. Record catalogue mapping in texlive.tlpdb when package name differs
>> from catalogue id. It's not necessary but it documents what
>> quest4texlive have found.

> Installed. That is not bad, for example in amsldoc-vn we now have:
>        name amsldoc-vn
>        category Package
>        revision 13530
>       +catalogue amslatexdoc-vietnamese
>        shortdesc Vietnamese documentation.
>        longdesc This is a Vietnamese translation of amsldoc, the users' guide
>        longdesc to amsmath.
> which is something good to know.

Yep. In fact that's a direct transmission from the catalogue:
amslatexdoc-vietnamese.xml contains <texlive location='amsldoc-vn'/>
So all kudos go to Robin and other catalogue maintainers.

>> 3. Remove bin- part from texlive names in the Catalogue in-memory.

> Installed

>> 4. Finally, a patch to add explicit mappings to catalogue into tlpsrc
>> files. It adds the following mappings:

> Installed,

Cool, thanks!

> but one is a bit strange for me:
>
>>   beebe                     biblio
>
> I am not sure about that, maybe someone can comment on that.

Well, this one was automagically found by matching file names and then
I didn't spot any problem after a quick look. Now I see that beebe in
texlive contains 9 .bib files (which triggered matching) from biblio
package on ctan (by Nelson H. F. Beebe) plus 44 .bst files from almost
30 other packages by various authors. Probably it's better to leave it
without mapping to any ctan package? If so then please remove
catalogue line from beebe.tlpsrc.

>> Either they are packages specific to texlive, or they don't easily map
>> to any catalogue entry, or I don't know the mapping.

> Don't know, but some of them, in fact most of them, are in fact not
> specific to texlive.

Sure, there is considerable amount of fonts there (which I don't feel
comfortable to touch at all): albertus, antiqua, atqolive, etc.; parts
of some bigger packages, e.g., c90, cjkutils, garuda-c90, and
norasi-c90 from cjk and cyrplain from t2; or united packages, e.g.,
mflogo, containing mflogo and mflogo-font.

> Thanks a lot for all your work, that is of great help!!!!

Nice to hear it. Just trying to give something back to the tex
community.

Alexander Cherepanov