[tex-live] Warning of xelatex

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Oct 6 10:22:52 CEST 2009

Am Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:21:05 +0800 schrieb Steven Woody:

> Hi,
>
> I am running xelatex on cygwin against some of my old tex articles
> that are UTF-8 encoding and written in Chinese.   In the past, when I
> was using texlive 2008 windows version, there is no such warnings.
>
> The warning lines are as below:
>
> ------------
> Package hyperref Warning: Rerun to get /PageLabels entry.
>
> [1] [2] [3] (./tt.aux)
> ** WARNING ** Invalid char in fontmap line: f
> ** WARNING ** Invalid map record in fontmap line 3077 from pdftex.map.
> ** WARNING ** -- Ignore the current input buffer: labm3583 SFBM3583 "T2AEncoding
>  ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t2a.enc <sfbm3583.pft frummt <frummt.pfb
>  )

The map entry looks a bit curious

"labm3583" to "sfbm3883.pft" is from a cm-super map which ends with
sfbm3583.pfb (and not pft).

and the "frummt < frummt.pfb" looks as if it has creeped in from
another map but it is missing the first "frummt".

My guess is that the "t" at the end of pft is in reality the end of
the missing "frummt".

So probably something did go wrong with updmap(-sys). You could try
to run updmap(-sys) with the option verbose to see if it use some
faulty maps or if there are other messages.

Make sure to run the correct updmap(-sys)!

In any case: xetex probably don't use this font and it is telling
you that it will ignore the entry, so I wouldn't worry too much.

--
Ulrike Fischer