[tex-live] Illegal parameter number in definition of \@preamblecmds

Eric Faden efaden at brynmawr.edu
Sun Oct 4 13:35:11 CEST 2009

Narrowed it down.  Not really sure which was causing the \@preamblecmds,
but I figured out the conflict (or at least one of them).  Below are two
examples.  Both compile.... but the second one has some random garbage
output at the top of the PDF (using pdflatex.. not sure about others).
It has a bunch of what appear to be settings.....

Working....
<code>
%% Document Class
\documentclass[12pt,english]{article}