[tex-live] Illegal parameter number in definition of \@preamblecmds

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 4 11:22:20 CEST 2009

Eric Faden <efaden at brynmawr.edu> wrote:

> I just updated to Tex Live 2009 - Using Mac Pretest.... since then I
> am now getting the following error....
>
> "Illegal parameter number in definition of \@preamblecmds"
>
> I think it has something to do with mhchem, rotfloat, float, and/or
> floatrow... not sure where to go from here?  Any ideas what this could
> be?

one of those, or one of the other packages, or the like.

without more detail, no-one will be able to debug anything for you.
(you don't even tell us what dates you have on those packages...)

you could try

  http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=erroradvice+errstruct

or you could go for

  http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=askquestion+minxampl

and get someone else to do the work for you.

robin