[tex-live] tlmgr: Is it possible to see the version number of a ctan package?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Nov 30 00:47:22 CET 2009

Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
> i have now changed the catalogue repository.  as i understand it, this
> means that the information will appear in texlive.tlpdb tonight,

I don't think so. We update the catalogue information in texlive.tlpdb
only when the package's files have changed. (Otherwise, the files would
be lagging behind the catalogue information.)

As I said before, even with perfectly accurate information in the CTAN
catalogue, there is no (easy) way to be 100% sure that the information
in texlive.tlpdb is always in sync with actual versions of the files,
though it should be correct most of the time.

Manuel.