[tex-live] TL vs CTAN

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Nov 16 23:29:46 CET 2009

1. I appreciate the thought, but please don't send lists of packages
   that need to be updated.  We know what they are, so all such mail
   does is take up additional time.  It will probably take a couple
   weeks before we are caught up from the freeze.  I'll try to send a
   note when I think we are caught up.

2. OTOH, if there are specific packages someone actively wants/needs to
   be updated, then that is fine to tell me.  I just updated siunitx.

3. The package update process is "semi-automated".  The process is
   described at http://tug.org/texlive/pkgupdate.html if you really want
   to know the details.